Search the forum,

Discuss "You'll need PVA for that" in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I have had 7 calls this week, 2 of them today and it is only Wednesday from people who have either bought and already installed or bought and are awaiting installation of tiles. They have all bought their tiles from what I would consider reputable tile outlets and are spread throughout eastern england. All of them have been told by the outlets that they should be using PVA as their primer. :mad2:

Could we all undertake, whenever we go into any tile shop or warehouse, to say to the staff that PVA is not suitable as a primer for tiling

Pleeeeeeaaaaaseee!!!

:ban:pVA :ban:pVA

There was a young from Nantucket
Who bought PVA in a bucket
His new shiny tiles
Failed after a while
and all he could say was "oh flip ...... I promised not to swear in the forums but this is a right mess and is going to cost me a fortune"

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Surely these tile shops must stock proper primers and you would think it would be in their interest to sell these to customers and not give them duff advice like use PVA :thumbsdown:

you'd think so but it never seems to go back to them so maybe they are just selling the cheapest rubbish they can get.......maybe it is just they don't know.....

M

mikethetile

slightly off topic but still on pva

I was in my paint suppliers last week and there was a bloke going at the manager hammer and tongs, he was waving some low tack masking tape around claiming it had pulled the paint off his ceiling when he pulled it off

the manager turned to me and said. your a painter does this pull paint off and i said no its green which means low tack and wont pull the paint off

so the manager said the ceiling mifgt have been distempered in the past and the guy said no its a new ceiling and im a plasterer and plastered it myself

the manager said did you seal it , meaning a mist coat, and the guy said of course i did , i used pva:yikes:

well there you go then

i nearly wet myself laughing as the manager went on to explain that theres no place in decorating where you use pva and the whole ceiling would have to be stripped :lol:

Reply to "You'll need PVA for that" in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.