Search the forum,

Discuss why does weber website show a video of laying plywood then tiling onto in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

Re: why does weber website show a video of laying plywood then tiling

The silicone is'nt the finished look, I take it your talking about tiling onto wooden floors but it is 18mm ply by the look of it...

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

Tiling onto wooden floors is not so much frowned on but is more a matter for personal tilers choice. If you do want to at least weber are showing you how to do it.

I

ian158

I know its not the finished look but running you finger down it levels it off and not so proud..and ensure a good seal..but even with 18mm ply..people on here always recommend tiling onto a cement board, so my question is...is it ok to use ply or not ?

C

charlie1

I know its not the finished look but running you finger down it levels it off and not so proud..and ensure a good seal..but even with 18mm ply..people on here always recommend tiling onto a cement board, so my question is...is it ok to use ply or not ?

Yeah, tiling on to plywood is fine.

W

White Room

BS states 15mm ply but cement board is 6mm and water resistant which is my preference.

I

ian158

my mind has gone completely blank but I used the orange sheeting you would glue down and tile onto...so 3 options then.

W

White Room

I use ditra if natural stone is being laid especially with ufh, if fixing porcelain then would'nt use the orange stuff....

I

ian158

ditra thats the stuff..losing my memory !

Reply to why does weber website show a video of laying plywood then tiling onto in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen