Search the forum,

Discuss who uses lash clips in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
recently used lash clips on a bathroom and found them great. i know most tilers wouldn't touch them but is there any real drawback from using them.

this is a recent bathroom and en-suite i installed and used lash clips for the first time.

IMG_7025.jpg IMG_7019.jpg IMG_7020.jpg

i always replace every wall with moisture board, tile backer board or marine ply.always prime with latex and always use spf i found that on this project i saved around 3 days using the lash clip system and felt there must be a catch.

results were fantastic

IMG_7032.jpg IMG_7034.jpg IMG_7057.jpg IMG_7047.jpg IMG_7030.jpg IMG_7063.jpg

just need to find a way of saving time on the building work i do

IMG_6989.jpg IMG_7010.jpg IMG_7044.jpg IMG_7029.jpg IMG_7055.jpg

really would like to here from anyone who's experienced problems with tile leveling systems. thanks..Richard

Attachments

• IMG_6988.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7002.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 58
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi Richard, what thickness of adhesive did you need? were the walls pretty flat? which adhesive did you use? Thanks Phil.:thumbsup:

P

Protilers

I cant really comment too much as I have never used them "on a job"........But.....me and the lads tried them out under glass months ago.....we never published the result because we did not have the full kit.......

the one thing we did find is that they do pull voids around where the "spacer" is inserted....and we all agreed that this problem could be overcome by serrating the clip after installation......

but we were doing it on plasterboard on a flat surface.............

A

Alan M

protilers. id like to see that

iv used lash clips a few time on aqward tiles . mostly small fiddly tiles that wont stay where you leave them. or that little piece around rad pipes (they work great for that.

the wedges are great to have too . they come in really handy when the rubi ones just arnt big enough . like when you are only tiling half a floor (do th erest the day after etc) and the last tile wont stay against the spacer. i usually cut a 2x1 and wedge it to hold it there. the lash clip wedges are great for that.

Reply to who uses lash clips in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen