Search the forum,

Discuss Who is right ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

limco

If you change the certificate will the current owners have the same problem with potential buyers? Can you date your certificate backwards?
Yes ! I could give out a new certificate to the new owners- and they will not have a problem when selling the house.
As it would state why those pipes have come through the floor.....
But it's the daughters Papa (the lawyer) who is creating this fuss.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Basically they loose money on the property if it's not to current regs. This lawyer isn't going to settle for anything but top dollar for the house by the sounds of it so I'd start considering getting a fix sorted out.

You took on the job and used a subby plumber. Perhaps you could argue that as a tiler you're not a plumber and he should have known that. But you'll loose your relationship with him quickly.

If you can back date the certificate perhaps then the house will sell at the right price as it is to standard (technically). Maybe that's a cheap free fix but if the lawyer doesn't like the sound of it, he'll use it against you if something does come of this.

Lesson learnt. Keep up with the regs!

L

limco

Totally agree with you :
Myself and the plumbing company have come up with a solution and sent our proposal to this lawyer, wether he excepts it, it's up to him.
And as you have said: a lesson to be learned here, but a costly one.

V

vosnack

But will it really cost that much to repair it? Time and money. If you consider the way they look at this situation I'm sure you would like it fixed properly. I don't know how extensive this job would be but I think fixing it may do you better than settling for compromise (sorry for my english). Obviously plumber should play his part as well.

L

limco

Update:
Well we have sent this lawyer our solution for the pipes coming up from the floor and it complies with the Swedish Tiling rules- and we are in our right to fix these pipes, but it looks like this lawyer is declining our offer and taking us to court and trying to sue us for £13,000, as he also wants the guest toilet done as well, because there is 2 pipes coming up from the floor in there as well.

My lawyer has told me, "let him take us to court"

1/ All faults with a bathroom, must be reported to the company 2 months after the bathroom has been finished- this is for faults that can be seen, and they have reported this 3 months after.

2/ Our solution was declined and according to the building trade over here in Sweden, we are in our right to go into the house and resolve the problems- before any court proceddings

3/The customer has declined to talk to me or the plumber about the problem, but instead, brought in his Father-in-law (the lawyer) to try and get money from us.

I remember when the bathroom was finished, these customers were about crying- because it was the bathroom they dreamed of.
I recieved so many cuddles and even a box of chocolates when I left the house, and they even wrote a lovely referance for my company- they also paid the bill with in 2 days.
Now since this has happened, I have been having sleepless nights and my heart problem has started up again- due to this lawyer who is using a bully tactic to get money for his daughter.

My lawyer has also told me that I didn't have to send a solution and fix these pipes- as thier claim has come in too late, but I am doing this from the kindness of my heart, as I do not want my company to get a bad name.....as this lawyer, is nasty !
Wish you guys could read Swedish, as we have found some disgusting things about him on the net....

S

Scott

Limoc, i hate the sound of this lawyer of theres and i hope this works out for you. Im sure that they are just after the money and wont actually have the work put right.

Mouldy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Sounds like a typical Lawyer to me. They all seem to want to make a name for themselves regardless of what this might do to either party. Scum! ( Well not ALL of them, but most!)

V

vosnack

I hope all will work out the best for you. I keep thinking about your situation from time to time so thanks for update. Don't worry too much as your health is much more important than their pipes. I think after reading your last post that you are in a winning situation. Fingers crossed, good luck

A

Alberta Stone

I see a use for some 365 drills here, then this would minimize the actual tiles needing to be removed and replaced.

Reply to Who is right ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen