Discuss Who is right ? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

limco

I Recently finished renovating a bathroom in Aug & today I recieved a phone call from the customers father who is a lawyer, stating that the pipes in the bathroom should not be coming up from the floor.
I have made some inquiries and he is right, but the thing is- it was another plumbing company that did the pipe work and they sent the bill to these customers.
I sent my bill for the joiner and tiling work.
I told this lawyer that he should contact the plumbing company who did this job- but he insists that it's me that has full responsibility and it's my company who should fix this mistake which will cost a lot of money...
So now I am confused !- who should fix this problem ?

O

Olz

If another company did the plumbing work, and invoiced the customer directly, then you should be politley telling this guy that he had telephoned the wrong contractor, and that he needs to speak with the company who installed the plumbing, as he has mistakenly telephoned the joiner/tiler.

It would probably be a different matter if you had taken the money from the customer for the plumbing as part of one large invoice and sub contracted out to the plumbers, paying them yourself.

G

Gazzer

I cant see what this has to do with you. I tile many bathrooms and I just tile to what is there !

O

Olz

We probably posted at the same time mate, but you have just confirmed what i had assumed anyway from your first post.

Just tell him your not connected to the plumbing work and that he needs to phone the plumber.

O

Olz

Also, if the guy is being funny with you, then make sure you charge double to do any retiling/making good after the plumber has gone back to redo the pipework.

S

Stewart

I can't see how you can be held liable. Tell him to contact the plumber and leave with him. If you had nothing to do with him, then you have nothing to worry about.

G

Gazzer

You say you have made some enquiries and he is right ?? My pipework comes out of the floor ? Is there something we are missing or you havent told us ?

L

limco

I am going to talk with the plumbing company on Monday- I couldn't get a hold of them today.
Thanks fo the advice guys.

L

limco

You say you have made some enquiries and he is right ?? My pipework comes out of the floor ? Is there something we are missing or you havent told us ?
Yeah!- I am a Scotsman living in Sweden, which I have run my tiling business for 4 years- and I have to follow the Swedish laws and thats one of thier laws.......no pipes coming up from the floor.....this started in 2007
I joined this forum, as I do not want that Swedish lawyer looking at what I have been posting on a Swedish forum....

G

Gazzer

Ahhh right then scratch all info above... why didnt you say that in the 1st place then ?

Reply to Who is right ? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks