Currently reading:
Who is busy?

Discuss Who is busy? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
It's the future..... 30% email, 60% phone and 10% text. I never even met the customer or spoke to them, on the job last week. It was all done by email and text. I was even paid by instant bank transfere over the Internet.
not the way i would want to do buisness, i like to meet my customers and see who im working for, i like to build a good working relationship with them.

S

Stewart

not the way i would want to do buisness, i like to meet my customers and see who im working for, i like to build a good working relationship with them.

Not ideal I'll admit, but if the customer only stays here six months of the year, what can you do.

I've got a job coming up that's quite similar. I need to film the tiles, layout and daily progress reports and send them to the client, as they are in South Africa until August. I was even interviewed for the job using a webcam, and the fact that I was tech savvy got me the contract.

D

Daz

I had an enquiry via text this evening? WTF cant they pick up the phone?

Anyone else had that happen? I guess i should ring them back but you know im really reluctant to call them if they can be arsed to call me first. They need me more than i need them, although i do need some cash :/

Had a txt last Easter Monday, I phone the fella back and got a limestone kitchen floor plus travertine splashie from it. A quick phone call was all it took and the fella gave me the job by virtue of the simple fact that I bothered to respond. Sometimes it is worth a simple phone call.

R

Rob Z

We're busy enough that I did something that I've never done in almost 21 years in the tile trade: I subbed out tile work to another contractor. Three bathrooms and a kitchen/breakfast room. Except for touching the samples in the showroom, I never touched a piece of tile ! THe other tile contractor is a guy I've known for a while from another tile website. It worked out great and helped to ease the workload for us.

M

mikethetile

Im not too precious to recieve an enquiry by text, some of my clients are forever sending and recieving txts, Ive had a steady stream of enquiries which I haave been pricing, out of 12 quotes out I have had two confirmed and booked in , I have two more to price tomorrow

my theory is that people are worried about the economy and their finances, they couldnt travel to the big shopping centeres due to the weather, and they were worried about deliveries from the internet so shopped locally spending less money. so they are going into feb with more money than usual. also with everyone talking about a new recession people are looking to spend on their home rather than moving. all good news for the soletrader and van, im more confident about this year

Reply to Who is busy? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.