Search the forum,

Discuss Who are you voting for? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Sorry to have to ask this, well, I suppose I don't have to ask this but I thought I'd get a bit of a feel on how the average tiler feels about who they would like to win the next general election.

I've not made the votes public and even us staff can't see that info, we only see the results like you do, so feel free to stay anonymous if you want to but not replying per se.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I think I've only ever voted once and it was Labour. I've never wanted to vote since this year as I think I don't really agree with any of them fully. But I have to try and help get Brown out so I'm going for Conservatives for that reason only.

Some info in general if you just want a bit of an update on what's going on etc: General Election 2010 - Telegraph

C

Colour Republic

Don't trust any of them but i've never liked labour even in the boom years, what was it they said 'We're not boom and bust' I remember when in the first term they were taking in record tax but not spending any of it and saying things like oh we've got the money but we are saving for the bad times and when it all went pop we find they haven't saved at all.

I've always thought the unemployment figures were a joke, they only went down because they employed them all, they did it before too. Did anybody see the Margret Thatcher doucments released after the 20 year disclosure? They had just got in to power and she ordered all departments to cut back, asking the question "what are we doing with 566k civil servants that can't be done with 500k?" I would like to see a massive cull of pen pushers, I know that is going to be unpopular and many families will suffer but you aren't owned a living, if something doesn't bring value to a business (and that is what government is) you cut it out before it bankrupts you.

I would love to see a long list of all things mentioned in labours manifesto which they have not delivered on or have handled badly... it would be a very long one.

Rant over

i went to vote last time but as i lived in the sticks a bit the polling station was on my locals pub carpark

well i had 8 pints and just totally forgot about voting only remembered when i came out and it was shut since then

so who bloody voted for Labour dont do it again or i will winch Maggie up from her grave to run the country again ( i presume shes dead cant remember to be fair ) Good bless Maggie

to be fair they are all crooks anyway but the realy bads crooks are all resigning at the moment anyway

T

Time's Ran Out

I 'am amazed that so many tilers are so apolitical and yet can voice an opinion on why they are not voting.
The people in power are there because you do not vote and if the system allowed for proportional representation then the politics of the country would be the voters choice.
Its the taking part that gives you the right to voice an opinion.:smilewinkgrin:

A

albyshellshear

I 'am amazed that so many tilers are so apolitical and yet can voice an opinion on why they are not voting.
The people in power are there because you do not vote and if the system allowed for proportional representation then the politics of the country would be the voters choice.
Its the taking part that gives you the right to voice an opinion.:smilewinkgrin:
so how did Brown get to run the country no one voted for him :mad2:

M

mikethetile

we have a system of first past the post so the first party to get 300 odd seats forms a majority government

the tories are so far behind in seats they need a swing of over 20% to form a majority, if it was a two horse race they may well get it but the libdems are doing really well and dont need much of a swing to get elected in many seats ahead of the tories

so voting tory to get brown out is unlikely to work unless the libdem vote collapses

for this reason amongst many I am still undecided and as theres no undecided on the poll I cant vote

A

Aston

i am voting labour because i am not interested in how trendy gordon brown is, i am interested in not rocking the boat for the next 5 years so we dont really go into recession. remember we were about 1.5% away last year from going into depression last year so we are no way out of the woods yet..

nobody can say how we are going to rectify this mess, so its damage limitation for me and even if i was a millionaire, i would still vote labour because the general working public which are the bread and butter of this country would benefit and so they should because they'd need it more than me if i was rich???

look after the british public and they'll look after the country would be my slogan ..

Reply to Who are you voting for? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.