Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Which wetroom grout? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

GaryMo

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi, I'm new to the forum and a DIY tiler.

I'm working on my wetroom, 3m x 3m box, wall and floors fully tiled. I've put Aquaseal tanking on the walls and impey waterguard tanking on the floor and over shower former (impey as well). I've used Setaflex https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/. It should be 100% solid everywhere, but I can't guarantee it :)

SO what Grout to use? we have a main pressure show from a combi boiler so water will come out about 2 bar.

I want to use one grout for wall and floor, do I need to epoxy?, from what I read it's harder to work with and clean and costs a lot more, not sure if I want to do all the walls with it!

Or do I go down the cement or hybrid route like Fugabella or Bal Micromax2 ( for high pressure showers), I've read bad things about Micromax. In the past I've used Mapei UCP, but not sure how it will perform under the shower?

Thanks for any responses, I need to get on with it.

T

Tsctiling

I agree, mapei ultra colour. (Don't mix too wet, and leave as long as possible before cleaning off with wash boy) Avoid tilemaster 3000!

Reply to Which wetroom grout? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock