Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss whats the best way in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Is it best when doing a floor with quick dry https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ to measure up,cut and do a dry run on a section of floor (say a metre sq) then https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ it down or maybe run in straight lines?

any help would be great

OP
C

Concept PHT

What I would do is spend plenty of time setting out, making sure that my measurements are central etc, then mark out my tile sizes making sure I get the best cuts all round.

Then I would fix a vertical row of tiles from the centre to the edge of the room, making sure I work to my lines. After that, in my quarter, bang down 2 rows at a time from the centre row, outwards. Move onto the next quarter, bang down another 2 rows at a time, etc etc.

Keep doing this whilst working your way out to the exit.

OP
G

gman82

finished the job this weekend and it went great, no probs at all. as i'm still working though i was knackerd as it was 7:30 - 4:00 tile then i had to work until 12 that night at my full time job then another full day sunday, Phew well worth it and very satisfying.

OP
C

Concept PHT

Nice one - take the leap of faith and go into it full time. Put your ad in the paper, get your cards put every where and call yellow pages / thompson local to get your ad in. They are taking ads now for next years books. The deadline is december 21st.

Good luck mate :)

Reply to whats the best way in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock