Search the forum,

Discuss Wetroom Drain Movement in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all, just been asked to look at a wetroom that has a small crack between tile/adhesive and shower tray drain.

When I stand on tiles around the drain there is slight movement. I then to determine if it was a tile issue or tray issue pushed on the drain itself down and there is movement so Im thinking the drain body isnt supported below the tray and the weight of persons in the shower is causing slight movement.

Guy wanted to silicone but i think that would be a temp fix and the best idea I can come up with is to open ceiling below the drain and fix ply and batton to joists before foaming to set and support the drain body so prevent the downward flex.

Does anyone with more experience in this think this is the correct answer?

Cheers

No leaks, area was tanked and tray screwed on 18mm ply that was fitted between joists on 2x2 buttons. (which seems correct)

Have saw pic and no support for drain housing ie no box filled with cement or ply. Drain is screwed to base of tray but nothing other than that holding it there. Also only the waste is in between the joists effected ( no cables or pipes which is a result )

I'm quite confident that that's the issue and would think that 2x2 batton and 18mm ply screwed into joists from below before foaming for extra strength would do it.

Hope my description helps?

Reply to Wetroom Drain Movement in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen