Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss wet room fixed screen size in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

hungover

A client wants to install a wet room shower. The width of the shower area is 800mm. He ideally wants a fixed glass shower screen of 800/900mm. I have reservations about it being too short, Am i being paranoid or is it acceptable to get a much larger preformed base and go for the shorter screen?

Tnx

H

hungover

The width is 800, but what is the length?

the width is 800 but he wants the screen to be 800 or 900 long

I was concerned that the splashing might extend way past the screen. Hence I was wondering if it I common or advisable to use, say a 800x1200mm base with a 800 screen.

Q

Qwerty

With the screen being on the length I assume? In which case I would say go as long as you can but without sacrificing access or space in the room. All depends if it is a corner wet area with little room to access from the end/ front, if it's in an alcove or some other factors affecting the screen size

H

hungover

With the screen being on the length I assume? In which case I would say go as long as you can but without sacrificing access or space in the room. All depends if it is a corner wet area with little room to access from the end/ front, if it's in an alcove or some other factors affecting the screen size

yes the screen is on the length, apologies for not making that clearer. The room is pretty small and due to the position of the toilet a longer screen would make access pretty cramped due to the toilet being on the same wall.

if you imagine a square, the shower will be in the top left, the screen will be 800 to the right of the top left of the square running from top to bottom. The toilet though is about 1400 down from the top on the left hand side. Hence the client wants a less long screen. I have tried to suggest a standard shower enclosure but told him that I would refer to the superior knowledge of this site

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If you have to install a short screen you can use a hinged deflector panel. At 800mm water will leave the shower area.

Kudos are the best

T

Time's Ran Out

It's a wet room ! The floors are going to get wet outside of the shower area.
Stayed at a back packers hotel in Earls Court a couple of years ago ( expensive but I like to treat the wife!) and the double bed took the whole room apart from a sliding door into the wet room - wc basin and shower all in one and the only thing stopping the water travelling into the bed area was a thresh!

H

hungover

It's a wet room ! The floors are going to get wet outside of the shower area.
Stayed at a back packers hotel in Earls Court a couple of years ago ( expensive but I like to treat the wife!) and the double bed took the whole room apart from a sliding door into the wet room - wc basin and shower all in one and the only thing stopping the water travelling into the bed area was a thresh!

Valid point but clearly the client would only want the shower area to get wet to the degree that the water needs to drain away

Reply to wet room fixed screen size in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks