Discuss Water stains in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Doozy

TF
Reaction score
Trying to help a customer out on an issue in a room I didn't actually tile. He has a downstairs cloakroom room with large format tiles, grey stone effect print. The room above had a bad leak and the water from a poorly tightened heating pipe ran down below. The end result is what you could call a shading in certain areas when dry. I've never come across anything like it to be honest.

Showing photos here is a bit pointless because the tile pattern hides it in that format, but you can see it in person and there is an issue. My thoughts were it was something in the heating pipes, inhibitor residue, or just general muck, but it's a new system and inhibitors hadn't been added at that point. Which means it's basically just hot water that's stained them. Odd

Wondered if anyone had come across similar and could recommend a cleaner to try

Reply to Water stains in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks