Search the forum,

Discuss washboy quezzo in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

willbones

I juat cant seem to get on with my washboy. The last 3 jobs i've done i've stopped using it half way through, and gone back to a normal sponge. The problem i have is that no matter how much i roll the sponge out, as soon as it touches the tiles it seems to fill the grout lines with water - or worse still tint bubbles. What is the exact procedure for using washboy.

Many thanks in advance

Will

W

willbones

its this one - Tilers Washboy - Wall Tiling Tools - Tiling Tools, wall,

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Varley

I just roll the sponge over the rollers twice and have no problems at all. It should be noted however that using a washboy will wet the tiles more than using a sponge, but the groutline shouldn't be 'filling' with water.

D

DHTiling

It might be the quality of the washboy sponge..cheap ones are hard to ring water out of...i use the rubi ones and never had a prob yet....or you need more spinach before you go to work for strength to ring your sponge out..lol lol.....dave..

V

Varley

Good thought Dave, change your sponge willbones and let us know if it makes a difference.

G

grumpygrouter

Got a Karl Dahm washboy myself, the sponges I got with this when I bought it weren't the cut type so I cut them myself, I feel they do hold a lot of water and take quite a few rolls to get reasonably dry.

W

willbones

bought a rubi sponge today for the washboy, i've not used it yet, but it is a lot denser than the one that i was using. The matrix of the sponge that was on was very hollow, the holes were large, a bit like natural sea sponge. Anyway, the replacement is a lot firmer and the matrix is alot finer. I'll let you know if it solves it.

Thanks for responses

Will

Reply to washboy quezzo in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen