Currently reading:
wall preperation

Discuss wall preperation in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Hey David,
thats almost a "how long is a price of string" question! Every job would have to be taken on its own merit. Your a joiner, sure your trade is no different. I've used all of the above methods before plus more! If it's an enclosed space I've over boarded with 6mm Hardie. If not I've skimmed walls flat with adhesive before leaving for the day and packed them out as I go. It's all about aesthetics! If you're a shuttering chippy you won't get it, but if you're a second fix joiner then u will! Take a route you're comfortable with. That'd be my advice.
Generally FLAT works fine...... Unless it doesn't! You already know the score! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

David Rowell

Hey David,
thats almost a "how long is a price of string" question! Every job would have to be taken on its own merit. Your a joiner, sure your trade is no different. I've used all of the above methods before plus more! If it's an enclosed space I've over larded with 6mm Hardie. If not I've skimmed walls flat with adhesive before leaving for the day and packed them out as I go. It's all about aesthetics! If you're a shuttering chippy you won't get it, but if you're a second fix joiner then u will! Take a route you're comfortable with. That'd be my advice.
Generally FLAT works fine...... Unless it doesn't! You already know the score! :thumbsup:

Second fix 3fall couldnt stand doing shuttering all day long I dont think id get any job satisfaction like. Cheers for the pointers :smilewinkgrin:

W

White Room

What:yikes:
603.jpg

Reply to wall preperation in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement