Currently reading:
very large tiles!

Discuss very large tiles! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

bluesky

TF
Arms
cambridge
hi all , been asked to quote for 90 m2 kitchen tiling in 1200mm x 600mm tiles (14mm thick as well ).
i`ve never tiled anything this big and need advice as to best way to cut (lengthways) , what size trowel to use ,
.also these things are gonna be good fun to move about i`m sure - advice on pricing this up would be appreciated) be moved into tilers arms now i suppose !

all help would be good , ta :lol:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Big Dry cutter and a big wetsaw!

Would use PTB addy and trowel myself and check you're getting full coverage.
Hopefully the floor will be mill pond flat!

Guestimate how much addy you'll need and double it!! Usually works out about right when I do that :lol:

bluesky

TF
Arms
cambridge
so big saws needed - done( i think !)
also new screed floor as requested was perfect - has just had to be scabbled down 30 mm as they put the screed in too high for the door frames which meant the tile was higher than the thresholds!- tile is also continuing outside so levels had to be pretty close .now this has been taken down to correct level it will now need levelling !(gonna be an expensive job now!) expansion joints are going to be put in at inside door frames (no expansion in screed though?)
as for the tile saw is it worth getting the dewalt hand held water saw from tradetiler? its got a water feed and was wondering if it really would do the job well?
ta for all the help!:lol:

Reply to very large tiles! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.