Search the forum,

Discuss update of my bathroom retiled after last mess in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sparkle333

my last thread was closed due to some members arguing so ive started a new one with an update on my bathroom re tiled after the lady tiler made such a mess, and sadly the new isn't very good. I was recommended this tiler from a manager of a tile shop I know and I was expecting brilliant job done as he, told me how good he was and how happy I will be instead its a mess and only a bit better than the other womans tiling, but he kept asking me for payment every few days so stupid me paid him apart from £70 outstanding, its cost me 3 times more and im not happy at all, hes supposed to be coming back on weds to do tiny finishing touches but hes unaware how long the snag list is. ive got 2 broken floor tiles already after a wk, cos hes done exactly the same as other tiler where the sub floor stops at bath and door hes not but anything under edge of tiles and 2 have snapped. the tile upside down on my window, he had propped up for 3 days and when he removed prop , within 2 mins it fell in my bath scratching it in 6 places and too bad to get out myself , hes denied tile did that , my the painter has told me hes brother is a bath repair guy and will try and do it, he knelt by bath to look with padded knees and tile cracked hence 1 break , I feel gutted that its not right yet again. some of the probs are below

ive got 2 tiles in my shower facin directly at me with tiny chipped corners which r goin to bug me

hes not siloconed around the shower or sink

hes left the floor tiles edges not packed under hence tiles are breaking and I warned him other tiler had done that and hes done the same

tiles at ceiling all diff heights

hes not grouted behind my door

hes left a raw edge of tile on my cupboard exposed

window all packed with uneven grout at back as cut too short and none of the lines follow the wall

the edgings are all left sharp grr

hasn't put floor tile behind my loo

some of the grouting and silicone hasn't covered the edges of tiles where is cut unevenly

ive got some lips on tiles , some on a new stud wall so no excuses for that wall

hes left tiles covered in smeared grout and hasn't cleaned them after 1 sponge down after he grouted and told me I had to do it

I feel sick to stomach over all this, I cant see how hes going to manage to sort all this out at all, no way I can pay 3rd time to have this redone if he refuses to do it. some would be nightmare to re do, some im going to have to put up with, I cant have the chipped tiles replaced as my showers in place now and its on a stud wall that will come apart as it did last time. im really really upset and annoyed, he wont do anything I ask, I pointed out some of the top tiles have steps where they are different heights and asked for him to re do, hes refused and said will silicone over and I wont notice, im not too happy about this

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sparkle333

yes I saw lots of pics on his mob and all looked fine from what I could see, and the manager of a tile shop I know told me he recommends him lots but doesn't know if hes any good but said hes not had any complaints from anyone else , my son in law has worked with him a few times as hes a plumber and said what hes seen has been fine but hasn't seen my bathroom yet lol

S

sparkle333

001.jpg 002.jpg 004.jpg 010.jpg 009.jpg 011.jpg 013.jpg 002.jpg

G

Guitardedleon

not having any luck at all with that bathroom are you :thumbsdown:

a real shame nobody here was close enough to you last time
You did put a job up on the forum didn't you or am I imagining things?

afright

TF
Reaction score
So sorry you are going thru it all over again,just cannot believe that he as left such bad work,And I think he has got a cheek to ask for payment before the job is finished,I can't understand why he has left the joint against the door frame and also the tile behind your wc,as you have paid him some of the money,just hope he does not walk when you give him the snagging list.

S

sparkle333

I want to cry to be honest, I just keep finding more and more prbs, like today silicone coming away on one tile above, the edges around window frame so sharp could cut a child, I know its better than she did but omg , can anyone see how this could be put right or am I going to have to put up with it

Reply to update of my bathroom retiled after last mess in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen