Search the forum,

Discuss unstuck tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

Ian,

It is possible to get these tiles off the UFH without damage, especially if the first installer didn't use the setting materials properly. Maybe you could hire one of the guys from the forum to come and give you an assist, and try to demo some tiles to see how it is going to come out with taking them out w/o damage to the UFH?

D

dagger

in my experience, this sounds like non flexi adhesive,
either in the insulation stage or after.

a lot of peeps think that you can stick the insulation boards down with anything.. its not so!

plus if they "sound hollow" they may be :mad2: "DABBED?"

sorry for your trouble!

H

halsia

we are in Wimbledon, London.

I am here Saturdays if someone is kind enough to offer to take a look.

H

halsia

Forgot to stress that the tiles seemed to be stuck at the beginning (they didn't seem hollow then) but became more and more hollow sounding.

I guess that this could have been because the glue actually dried out.

One other thing is that we thought at the time that the tiler switced on the underfloor heating after only 1 day and everything we had read suggested 1 week or more....

Thanks

S

Spud

Forgot to stress that the tiles seemed to be stuck at the beginning (they didn't seem hollow then) but became more and more hollow sounding.

I guess that this could have been because the glue actually dried out.

One other thing is that we thought at the time that the tiler switced on the underfloor heating after only 1 day and everything we had read suggested 1 week or more....

Thanks
where did you find your tiler, did they come recommended and did you get references for this guy ,which type of ufh did you use ,did the tiler laytex over the cables first and then fit or did he stick straight onto the wires ,sorry to ask so many questions just helps to know when trying to give advice

F

Fekin

Even if the tiler has used propper flexi adhesive, it is recommended to slowly bring up the temp of the heating over at least a week in my opinion, to give the adhesive enough time to adjust to the temp change and ever so slowly flex with the higher temp.

H

hillhead

i met a man on a horse yesterday on the road,"must have been one of them numptys who think they are tradesmen !!!" lol.

Reply to unstuck tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen