Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Unplum inside corner in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United States of America
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I thought I had all plum walls but missed this inside corner. Are there any suggestions on how to fix this 3/8" gap?
My ideas so far,
Option 1 to just have a 3/8" wide corner caulk line both inside corners event though issue on one corner.
Option 2 use quarter round 1/2 wide to cover gap- have some color options in route from Amazon.
Option 3 and my least favorite. Remove tiles and reset but pull apart about shower head wall 1/16" wider than the 1/8" I have going. I tried this before it was set and seemed like it was noticeable. But maybe after grout it would have blended ok. Then use thinset to level then continue tile back to where I was & complete. This option has more labor, removing tiles and hoping I don't create a new issue with lipping where replaced tiles on back wall meet replaced tiles after I level.

Attachments

• tile gap2.jpeg
    tile gap2.jpeg
    385.3 KB · Views: 20
  • tile gap1.jpeg
    tile gap1.jpeg
    350.9 KB · Views: 21

Trigger

Arms
Reaction score
Ultimately whatever you are happy to live with. For me the only correct way would be to remove the tile and redo. It looks like the top tile is cut as the edge looks jagged, so can you just replace that tile?

Reply to Unplum inside corner in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock