Search the forum,

Discuss Tuscan Leveling System in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CON5933

I get the impression these may be useful on big (600 x 600) ish...i'll wait and see:smilewinkgrin:

D

doug boardley

if it's pulling tiles up it must surely be creating air pockets, which, to me, is a definite no no with floor tiles
fart-in-bed.gif

R

Rob Z

Hi Doug, this is what I said over at the JB forum for two years, and now that I have tried it (albeit only once), it doesn't do it to an appreciable degree.

TLS says the floor has to be dead flat and the proper trowel used for full coverage. This is an adjustment from the way it was first marketed.

I don't think that air pocket concern is really an issue for me anymore. What is a problem is the loose thinset and the mess in the joints. When I try it again I will get some photos of the stuff going in so you guys can see more. For that first time, it was "all a-holes and elbows" :D trying to get it to work and there wasn't any time to think about it too much.

I will say this: I think this has potential only in the hands of a top-notch tile setter that has a lot of experience. It is NOT well-suited for newbies, IMO.

Reaction score
somewhat of a concern to me as i was always taut to push and slide tile for good contact on floor to give a very good bond, so if you got to different height sizes surely it will not have full contact and leave the ribs intact which will cause air pockets and not giving you full bond, so i agree with doug and whats a matter with level and mallet

D

DHTiling

Here's a video to watch and then comments afters..lol..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E44MYrsCam4]YouTube - Pearl Tuscan Leveling System[/ame]

D

DHTiling

And here is the Lash system from tradetiler..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0g3GoIPjyo]YouTube - LASH?[/ame]

D

Daveyboy

:huh2: I think I must be missing something here..both systems require a level floor and guaged tiles..equally, the adhesive bed will also need to be level..so when you place/set the tile onto the adhesive bed, it should be level regardless...

After 10 years of tiling, and never having had a problem with lippage on a level floor and guaged tiles, how is this going to improve/speed up my tiling?

W

White Room

It's the Lash system, the way the guy kicks the plastic on the potruding strips from the joints after the adhesive has set, any soft stone might chip and then your've got try and remove the rest of the plastic which would be flush with the tile surface, how much time is that going to take to remove.

IMO

Reply to Tuscan Leveling System in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen