Search the forum,

Discuss Trip to London... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rich

My and the girly went off for the day to London the weekend before last, wasnt until I got home and looked through the pics of the natural history museum, that I realised just how sad I am.

Londonandbits 024.jpg Londonandbits 025.jpg Londonandbits 026.jpg Londonandbits 027.jpg Londonandbits 047.jpg

This last pic is a lump of gypsum crystals

Londonandbits 013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

My and the girly went off for the day to London the weekend before last, wasnt until I got home and looked through the pics of the natural history museum, that I realised just how sad I am.

View attachment 30422 View attachment 30423 View attachment 30424 View attachment 30425 View attachment 30426

This last pic is a lump of gypsum crystals

View attachment 30427

That's not sad, that's beautiful! All of it. That arch looks like a tyre, don't you think? :lol: Could be a Michelin advertising, with a bit of clever graphics...

R

Rich

It certainly caught my eye. The entire building is like it, incredible.

And Im so glad you dont think Im sad :smilewinkgrin:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Not sad at all Rich, some real good craftsmanship there (bordering on art):thumbsup:

W

White Room

Your not sad Rich just have an eye for detail, just look at the quality of the work on the arches...

Imagine how much that would cost today.

R

Rich

Pic no 5 is a block of white marble dating back to the 17th century! I wouldn't like to give that a go with all the modern tools we have today let alone with the crude tools available back then! Imagine if you broke it!

R

Rich

Londonandbits 003.jpg

Just found a pic of the front door... Little bit more extravagant than mine but mine is red :prrr:

U

user123

Mine is red, too... :lol: but Persimmon houses are just ok, not renowned for mindblowing architectual beauty - this is gorgeous, Rich. Wonder what those craftsmen got paid, relatively, in those days...

Reply to Trip to London... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen