Search the forum,

Discuss Travertine on hardiebacker floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Boysie

Hi,
New to the forum but have done quite a few diy tiling jobs but this is my 1st travertine, tiles are 40x40 12mm thick
Just gutted my bathroom and replaced all the plasterboards with hardiebacker 500, pulled the floor up and boarded it with 18mm ply and then overboarded that with hardiebacker 500
I am planning on using white keraflex for the lot (already bought it) but after reading up im wondering if i should be using s2?
Im paraniod about the tiles cracking, especially around the bath as its a roll top so there will be all the pressure pushing down on the feet when its full, floor seems solid enough, tried a glass of water on it and jumped about, with just a very minimal ripple
So will i be ok with keraflex or sould i be looking at a s2? or can you have too much flex!
Also i have a 8mm square notched trowel, is that correct one for the job?
Sorry for all the questions on my 1st post!
Thanks
Mark :)

Reply to Travertine on hardiebacker floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.