Search the forum,

Discuss TJ - England World Cup % in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

ScottG13

Chances of winning the world cup? Peter Crouch springs to mind.... slim!

You never know in these competitions, stranger things have happened. Its a bit like the FA Cup where there are always some underdogs that turn over the big boys. Remember Greece winning the Euro's, who saw that coming?

Once the players get some more training in and get through the group stages they might pull together a bit and look a lot stronger and gain confidence.

I for one am looking forward to watching loadsa football. England aside there are a lot of tasty matches there. No more boring evenings with nothing on the tv.:hurray:

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
it was only a warm up match,to many players scared to get injured,there not going to give there all ,a wins a win no matter how you achieve it , we would be happy to win world cup that way, we could do with another 10 payers with the attitude of rooney,and maybe the same class

D

david campbell

personally i think englands chances of winning the world cup are optimistic at best,don't get me wrong there are many great english players and it will depend on how many of them hit peak form at the right time.still at the end of the day it's a lottery.brazil/argentina/spain/portugal/germany/italy/holland-all these teams have as much chance of winning the world cup as much as england,if you notice i have mentioned 7 other teams that shows from the last 8 onwards it comes down to who wants it most:thumbsup:

imho:thumbsup:

A

Aston

i wouldnt read too much into yesterdays game..

can we win it? yes but we dont seem to be a team. its always the so called big names trying to run the show. there seems to be a click in the england team and if your not one of the brat pack, you seem as tho your out your depth.

the world cup is a knockout tournament so i can see us getting through to the qtrs and then after that its a case of its possible but we'd need another euro 96 performance. we should play tour strengths and be a bit like chelsea in the way we play...we aint got the guile of spain etc, so we should be strong and to the point in what we do.

id definately stop playing gerrard on the left and put him behind rooney (like torres & stevie) for liverpool...they know each other well and they would definately cause any defence big trouble and thats what we need...firepower!!

so roll on june 12th...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

david campbell

got to agree with the above,as well as england can play football,there is times when you will come up against the most technical teams.ie brazil/argentina/spain.this is were english football should play to there strengths and use there power to unsettle and out-muscle the footballing sides. it may not be pretty at times but it will get you results.
(martin o'neill used to do it at celtic and as a scottish team we were regulary beating teams like ajax/juventus/barcelona/celta vigo)2001-2005

sometimes the hussle and bustle of british football can intimidate the best players:thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

Capello wants them to play like a premiership team - but the last time I saw that was against Germany 5-1.
I've just got a feeling that this is OUR time.
Can't wait to collect my 365 drills!:hurray:

D

david campbell

i wouldn't mind as long as the english commentators don't go on about it for another 44 years............lol:lol::lol: :smilewinkgrin:

B

b30 villain

crap game but the worrying thing for me is what formation we are going to play. 442 didnt seem to work and after changing it to a 4411 or whatever it was we played well for 15 minutes and he changed it back. I cant stand Gareth Barry (cuz im a villa fan) but we seem to have missed him in the last few games

F

faithhealer

It all boils down to that little bit of luck, who knows, I don't fancy Germany, brazil or Argentina. I would like England to avoid Spain if possible

Reply to TJ - England World Cup % in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen