Discuss TJ - England World Cup % in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Having sat and watched that game today England 2-1 Japan I'am not that confident we will win the World Cup. 95% chance I reckon.
Not too sure what was achieved from today's game other then the usual players not turning up.
Green lights for Joe Hart - Rooney - but not much more.
Worrying times for midfield - an off form Lampard (again for England) and no wingers to create anything.
It can only get better!

F

Fred

Our team have not got what it takes, sorry, but thats a fact. Todays match was embarressing to say the least. If they play like that in the first rounds they will be out.

S

Scott

We won without scoring! Dont get a result like that very often. I thought it was a poor display but reckon we will be ok. I believe we can win it even if its only for my own morale!

U

united

Let's just see who the final 23 are on Tuesday. I thought we were poor today but once all the players are in South Africa they can settle and get some good training in together, I don't want to lose the faith so I'm still going to say we will win it :thumbsup:

F

Fred

Let's just see who the final 23 are on Tuesday. I thought we were poor today but once all the players are in South Africa they can settle and get some good training in together, I don't want to lose the faith so I'm still going to say we will win it :thumbsup:

It is a nice thought. But, take players from other counties. I'm not saying some of our players grew up in poverty, but say, Brasil's and Argentina"s players didn't exactly have the same benefit our lads had here in the UK.

They have more passion to win. Its a fact. Lampard fouled up another penelty today, he ran, paused, thought, thers dault in his mind!

Albeit, a South American player knows where his beard and butter is coming from. Play in the back streets or score a penalty!

I have many friends in Italy thanks to an ex girlfriend, and believe it or not, they don't earn a great wage, not like here in the UK.

I'm telling you, OUR PLAYERS HAVE NO PASSION.

H

hillhead

:8:
i'll watch it for the fun,don't mind who wins as long as they play nice footie.

U

united

It is a nice thought. But, take players from other counties. I'm not saying some of our players grew up in poverty, but say, Brasil's and Argentina"s players didn't exactly have the same benefit our lads had here in the UK.

They have more passion to win. Its a fact. Lampard fouled up another penelty today, he ran, paused, thought, thers dault in his mind!

Albeit, a South American player knows where his beard and butter is coming from. Play in the back streets or score a penalty!

I have many friends in Italy thanks to an ex girlfriend, and believe it or not, they don't earn a great wage, not like here in the UK.

Great reply, I totally agree mate. There was no passion at all today (well if you take out Rooney)

T

Time's Ran Out

Fred - Did you notice only 4 of the 11 sang the National Anthem!

If you are English and have No. 24 in the Tilers Forum Sweep you have to support ENGLAND.:hurray:

U

united

While we are on about the World Cup, here is a wall chart/poster to print off with all the games and times on for each match. good to keep in the Van :thumbsup:

View attachment worldcupplanner.pdf

Hope it's ok putting this on here as I took it from a site I found :smilewinkgrin:

S

ScottG13

Chances of winning the world cup? Peter Crouch springs to mind.... slim!

You never know in these competitions, stranger things have happened. Its a bit like the FA Cup where there are always some underdogs that turn over the big boys. Remember Greece winning the Euro's, who saw that coming?

Once the players get some more training in and get through the group stages they might pull together a bit and look a lot stronger and gain confidence.

I for one am looking forward to watching loadsa football. England aside there are a lot of tasty matches there. No more boring evenings with nothing on the tv.:hurray:

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
it was only a warm up match,to many players scared to get injured,there not going to give there all ,a wins a win no matter how you achieve it , we would be happy to win world cup that way, we could do with another 10 payers with the attitude of rooney,and maybe the same class

D

david campbell

personally i think englands chances of winning the world cup are optimistic at best,don't get me wrong there are many great english players and it will depend on how many of them hit peak form at the right time.still at the end of the day it's a lottery.brazil/argentina/spain/portugal/germany/italy/holland-all these teams have as much chance of winning the world cup as much as england,if you notice i have mentioned 7 other teams that shows from the last 8 onwards it comes down to who wants it most:thumbsup:

imho:thumbsup:

A

Aston

i wouldnt read too much into yesterdays game..

can we win it? yes but we dont seem to be a team. its always the so called big names trying to run the show. there seems to be a click in the england team and if your not one of the brat pack, you seem as tho your out your depth.

the world cup is a knockout tournament so i can see us getting through to the qtrs and then after that its a case of its possible but we'd need another euro 96 performance. we should play tour strengths and be a bit like chelsea in the way we play...we aint got the guile of spain etc, so we should be strong and to the point in what we do.

id definately stop playing gerrard on the left and put him behind rooney (like torres & stevie) for liverpool...they know each other well and they would definately cause any defence big trouble and thats what we need...firepower!!

so roll on june 12th...

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to TJ - England World Cup % in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay