Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling up to curvered skirting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SOTON STEVE

I need to tile a customers kitchen floor with large format trav. sounds easy enough right?..... wrong!

The kitchen is in a cottage with old stonework walls that has a curved stonework skirting that gradully tapers out to floor level. The curve is very similar to the curve found in standard ceiling coving but like I said it tapers out to floor level (not sure if I've explain this right). My problem comes when tiling up to it with a travertine tile which is approx 10mm thick, the edge of the tile will leave a gap of around an inch. should I cut a 45 degree angle on the underside of the tile to bring it closer and more flush with the curved skirting?

Help?????

Many thanks

Steve

C

Colour Republic

I would take an angle grinder and chop the skirting back so the tiles slid underneath but it sounds as though you have already quoted so you may have to mitre the tiles up to it.

I personally would have discussed the options with the customer first as my first option would be more expensive but leave a better finish, if they didn't want to spend the money I would hav offered to mitre the tiles but make them aware the finish would not be as good

My 2 pence worth... hope it works out mate:thumbsup:

Reply to Tiling up to curvered skirting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.