Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling onto chipboard, opinions?? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

I can understand hardie on chipboard cos you screw it .
What holds ditra down when/if the addy fails on the chipboard ???

Strange isn't it, but Ditra say it's fine! I have fixed it to chipboard a few times with no issues whatsoever.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417470440.171259.jpg

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm starting one on Thursday, chipboard on concrete(not floating) using hardie glued and screwed .
Half was tiled before, just on the chipboard, stuck like shat to a blanket, took top layer of board off

afright

TF
Reaction score
About 15 years ago did a cafe bar for a friend he supplied all the gear which was from Wicks ,but the chippie used OSB told my friend that I was not happy ,but he said "just do it",that place has change hands 3 or 4 times now and that floor is still solid and not one crack to be seen,but I would not make a habit of it.

T

Time's Ran Out

I'am not sure if the issue is what adhesive should stick tiles to chipboard as IMHO most stick like sh$t. However chipboard tends to be moisture sensitive and when it blows so do the tiles. How many leaking washing machines have damaged this substrate?

Reply to Tiling onto chipboard, opinions?? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen