Discuss Tiling on uneven walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Jdiyer

-
Reaction score
I noticed that the bathroom shower wall is uneven (not plum) when I started to tile. What suggestions does anyone have in order to keep the tiles level. Should I just add more thinset in areas where there is a depression on the wall and less where there is a little bump? I can't rip the walls out and start over. Please help.

Reaction score
Firstly I would use a larger notched trowel, by using a smaller notch trowel there is less bed depth for variation in the wall and can create more of a headache when you get to high points. I use a brand of adhesive (thinset) with a bed depth of 3-20mm. Vary rarely go to that thickness but at least not a problem should you have to. What type of wall is it?

When I was younger I would get pretty stressed with uneven walls but with experience don't even give them a second thought now. All the best 👍

Reply to Tiling on uneven walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay