Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling flush to doorway, no facing/architrave in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Julz77

hahha true ! floorboard tho eh? what do they expect us to be able to achieve with a tile and a bit of addy on that kind of crap?

I have a horrible feeling its still going to be patchy ....and this job will go on FOREVER...never mind gives me time to figure out how to make wall tiles flush when the wall resembles the cairngorms :-/

S

steve187

make sure there is plenty of ventilation in the room to allow the walls to completely dry, the problem i can see in tiling up to the door edge without architrave, is that you will be tiling on to the wooden door casing.

A

Alan M

i wouldnt tile out over the door frame , the vibrations fromt the door closing (or odd heated slam) will loosen the tiles

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
If you have a plastics supplier nearby you can get uPVC architieve, if you were after a maintenand free wetroom, no painting ;)

Not liking the sound of the walls though. Bonded and two skim coats and it's dipping out by 10mm??

J

Julz77

Thanks steve
just spoken to the customer who really doesnt want architrave, but wants the 10mm tile trim, is there any way of making it work? would i need to cut into the trim to accommodate for the hinges? nightmare as for the tiny cuts on the other side of the door still no sure if it will just look crap!

J

Julz77

If you have a plastics supplier nearby you can get uPVC architieve, if you were after a maintenand free wetroom, no painting ;)

Not liking the sound of the walls though. Bonded and two skim coats and it's dipping out by 10mm??

Some of its 15 mm!! its a nightmare.

uPVC would be soooooo much easier than this fannying about!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I was going to post the same Allister.
I used them in my own bathroom after my architrave (MDF mind) started to bubble in a couple of places.
Now use it all the time in wet rooms or bathrooms with poor ventilation.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
It's easy to cut and shape with a grinder too.

Are you going to be able to fix if the walls are that bad? What addy are you using? Most constraints are 20ish mm, Your going to be breakign limist once back buttered and packed out 15mm.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
15mm!
Seriously some of the jobs I've had of late make 15mm dips tiling heaven!

Reply to Tiling flush to doorway, no facing/architrave in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen