Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling dilemma on uneven sill. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

V

vartegrich

I'm embarking on a tiling mission in my kitchen and stumbled upon a slight problem with the window sill.
The sill has a 15mm drop on the left and a 5mm drop to the window frame. My initial idea was to re-level the sill using compound, however if I do this, the tiles will sit nearly level with the window bead (pvc window) more-so on the left as the window is slightly out.

Do you think this would be acceptable? Or, any other suggestions willingly accepted.

V

vartegrich

Thanks Andy.
Still concerned about the amount required to bring it level and its proximity to the bead of the window.
I've considered hacking it all off and starting again but the sill is sounding hollow on the left and solid on the right and this is giving me the impression of more work than I wish to take on.

Rich

Think I need to sack the wife next time she suggests a simple makeover.

Reply to Tiling dilemma on uneven sill. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.