Currently reading:
tiling chipboard

Discuss tiling chipboard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hi all, i went to look at a job today only to find the customer has sheeted the floor with chipboard and all the shower walls with chipboard,,as far as im aware i shouldnt be tiling onto this ,,although after i said this to him he said the shop he bought it from told him it was fine for water areas and he also done a bathroom up stairs in the house 10 years ago with chipboard and the tiles are fine....is there a chipboard out there thats suitable to tile onto i dont know about????:thumbsup:

P

Perry

hi all, i went to look at a job today only to find the customer has sheeted the floor with chipboard and all the shower walls with chipboard,,as far as im aware i shouldnt be tiling onto this ,,although after i said this to him he said the shop he bought it from told him it was fine for water areas and he also done a bathroom up stairs in the house 10 years ago with chipboard and the tiles are fine....is there a chipboard out there thats suitable to tile onto i dont know about????:thumbsup:
would it be easy to overboard it with plasterboard :pete

G

Grace'sDad

Here's a chipboard wall for you...
Not recommended - water crept through to the stud wall and into the floor.
Ended up replacing 4 floor joists and rebuilding the lot.

Chipboard = £ 10
Tileboard = £ 13
Tanking = £ 90
Repairs = £ 800

Attachments

• chipboard1.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 19
  • chipboard2.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 17
A

AllurePTS

Cheers Dad, Doug and Dave :thumbsup:.....I've just been wondering about the weight of a disclaimer really - as I too seem to be an "idiot magnet" :lol: ....went to look at a job only a couple of hours ago - the guy is knocking up a bath panel in OSB :mad2: ...."och, it'll be fine son !!!!" :mad2: ....it's not that i ever want to do something that's not right, but you know how some people are !!!! cheers

Reply to tiling chipboard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.