Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tiles to use on fireplace hearth in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi folks,
About to sort out our new hearth with some tiles and wanted to ask if anyone knew of special tiles for this job. My main thinking is how to work the external edges with out using profiles.

Im going to raise up the hearth from the height of the carpet with some self leveling and tile the upstand and then the main bit of hearth where the stove will sit. The edge of the top tiles that will show on the external corners, should these be mitered to the upstand tiles or just run on top of the upstand tiles. Reason I ask is cos often edge colour of tiles is differnt to the main colour of the tile.

Is there such a thing as a bull nose for this application or is that more for natural stone?

Reply to Tiles to use on fireplace hearth in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks