Search the forum,

Discuss Tile spacers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

stephenoneill

often overlooked by many tilers a good tile spacer is important ;having used many over the years i have found the raimondi 3 mm spacer to be the best;the spacer is large and holds the tile perfectly in place and due to its shape it is easy to fit between the tiles and more importantly easy to remove; it does not bend and is easily cleaned with a quick soak overnight between jobs :well thats my lot about tile spacers lol

It's good practice to remove them - 2 jobs a week x £4 x 52 weeks = £208 = holiday.

Or another way to look at it is 2 jobs a week ? half hour a job ( on the light side ) 1 x 52 = 52 hours, a working week !!!! or you could save £208 in spacers, I know what I'll carry on doing thank you very much lol

spacers v time = no brainer, and I used a half hour per job, that is probably closer to an hour, job dependant.

T

Time's Ran Out

Or another way to look at it is 2 jobs a week ? half hour a job ( on the light side ) 1 x 52 = 52 hours, a working week !!!! or you could save £208 in spacers, I know what I'll carry on doing thank you very much lol

spacers v time = no brainer, and I used a half hour per job, that is probably closer to an hour, job dependant.

There are always different views on how best to maximise a profit and I'd rather save money than leave it on a wall/floor. When I used to employ tilers I could have had a family holiday every year on the amount of spacers they left on the floor or put in the rubbish! For me the few minutes cleaning the tiles down and pulling out pegs is just the therapy I need and reminds me of my Dad - it's the pennies that make the pounds and money saved saves money earned.

C

charlie1

It's good practice to remove them - 2 jobs a week x £4 x 52 weeks = £208 = holiday.

... (-) the time to remove them, 2 x 30 mins = £20 quid per week x 52 ... £1000

obviously when using as pegs then they need to be removed. If using them inserted fully then Time to remove would be x5 but I really don't think anyone inserts fully then removes!!!

Reply to Tile spacers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement