Currently reading:
three week plumbing courses etc........

Discuss three week plumbing courses etc........ in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Smithy153

I quite agree. I've done a 2 week tiling course and I know my standard of work is good but I wouldn't try a complete bathroom. Slowly slowly catchy monkey. Its the age old arguement about time served and training courses but I think it is very much on the individual. I've spent a lot of time reading on here and anywhere else I can gleam information and I do agree you can't beat some experience. As I'm not busy when I'm free I offer my services for free to a family friend who's a plumber. He does some kitchen and bathroom fitting and I learn a hell of a lot from him its well worth doing.

L

LM Ceramics

I quite agree. I've done a 2 week tiling course and I know my standard of work is good but I wouldn't try a complete bathroom. Slowly slowly catchy monkey. Its the age old arguement about time served and training courses but I think it is very much on the individual. I've spent a lot of time reading on here and anywhere else I can gleam information and I do agree you can't beat some experience. As I'm not busy when I'm free I offer my services for free to a family friend who's a plumber. He does some kitchen and bathroom fitting and I learn a hell of a lot from him its well worth doing.

handy skill to learn plumbing as with bathroom fitting plus your tiling your offering the full package i did it takes me a while to fit a bathroom so im not making as much money

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
I did my 5 day basic plumbing course back in Jan when tiling jobs came to a complete halt. Done a few pluming jobs since then, and only today did I take out my first toilet and basin. A bit nerve racking, but confident enough to put things back without leaks. There are short courses and short courses out there. If you are taking a short course in order to change or start your career then you have to go for the longest short course available i.e. where I trained there were 1,2 & 4 week tiling courses. I wanted tiling as a career so I opted for the 4 week course.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
My plumbing course was a week long and it tought me enough to do full bathroom refurbs.
Since then I've installed outside taps, changed faulty port valves and pumps.
Changed a hot water cylinder and ran flow + returns and hung radiators in every room in a house. Once the confidence is there it's like Hawk says - common sense.

Reply to three week plumbing courses etc........ in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.