Search the forum,

Discuss three week plumbing courses etc........ in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Hawkofeagles

I do think that in plumbing you do need a bit of common sense. All of the bathroom jobs I've been asked to do oddly enough have included a total refurb. I did a two week plumbing course in february this year only to give me more confidence in doing basic Plumbing.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My plumbing course was a week long and it tought me enough to do full bathroom refurbs.
Since then I've installed outside taps, changed faulty port valves and pumps.
Changed a hot water cylinder and ran flow + returns and hung radiators in every room in a house. Once the confidence is there it's like Hawk says - common sense.

W

White Room

I started a plumbing apprenticeship when I first left school (six months and left back in 71) and still remember the pipe soldiering and bits on copper pipe and fittings but still would'nt go in and do a bath refurb

M

mart08

I'm thinking of doing a weeks plumbing course just so i can remove sink,bog and rads etc so i'm not waiting for the plumber to turn up. Surely it will pay for its self after a couple of jobs as my plumber has just got 180 notes for taking out free standing bath and bog for me. Has any of you guys done one up here in scotland?

H

Hawkofeagles

Mart, it will pay for itself believe me as I only do this part time and since february I have almost paid for the plumbing course. Why wait for a plumber when the removal of a basin, toilet or bath are simple provided you feel confident in doing it. Like tiling you just need to take it steady and do it propperly.:thumbsup:

Reply to three week plumbing courses etc........ in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen