Currently reading:
Thistle one coat Plaster

Search the forum,

Discuss Thistle one coat Plaster in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

Waluigi

I’m a big re-boarder and do it on most jobs.

This is what I had. Plaster was rock solid. A couple of holes to fill from integrated soap dishes.

One coat was the answer. Knocking the old plaster off and a two coat system wasn’t an option IMO.

86D31DC9-98D4-43A1-9DF4-A768654FB5A4.jpeg

W

Waluigi

That was an option but the wall was too far out. The wall with the shower valve on has a door on it and I’m fighting to get a tray in. Tray is 1500 x 760. Already I’m having to chase the long wall out slightly.

Overall, one coat was my best option. It’s completly flat and Plumb now. Trust me, dot and dabbing was my first thought.

A serrated trowel and HB would’ve worked depth wise but the wall would be p1ssed.

W

Waluigi

It’s lovely to see pics of high end work and I sometimes get involved In it but this is bread and butter stuff right here and I’m not ashamed to admit it.

Old lady having a hip replacement done and the old dear won’t be able to get her leg over.......the Bath. Popping a tray in instead and fighting with the space and trying to bond it to the deck so there’s only a tiny step. All good fun :thumbsup:

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Uk
It’s lovely to see pics of high end work and I sometimes get involved In it but this is bread and butter stuff right here and I’m not ashamed to admit it.

Old lady having a hip replacement done and the old dear won’t be able to get her leg over.......the Bath. Popping a tray in instead and fighting with the space and trying to bond it to the deck so there’s only a tiny step. All good fun :thumbsup:

Same as, it’s nice to do fancy wetrooms with top end gear but I would much rather be doing normal bathrooms in normal houses.
I bet your getting plenty of tea and biscuits too!

Reply to Thistle one coat Plaster in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement