Search the forum,

Discuss the new rubi ti-66s in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tiler burden

hi

just bought the new rubi ti-66s based on the montolit masterpiuma and its superb!!! a few people wanted to know what its like because its so new , well its going to definately faze out the tr600 and i cant see the point in buying the ts60 either after using this because its 3kgs lighter than a ts60, its only 89cm and 33cm at its widest point. its has 1000kg breaking pressure (same as tx700n) and it cuts upto 66cm tiles (more than a masterpiuma) and the big advantage is you are not restricted to straight cuts because of the moveable breaker.

the build quality is excellent and you get a 5 yr g/tee.
its got solid flexible support legs that flick out and the measuring gauge sits on the side when not in use and clamps in place. the measuring gauge is in one piece but can be adjusted in 2 places for convenience and can be fitted in literally 5 seconds. when you scribe, you lift up the handle and the breaker flicks down like the monti but it comes with protective strips on so not to mark the tiles when you break.

it doesnt come with a case but to be honest you dont need one, theres nothing to lose on it and you can just pick it up by the single overhead rail. it has a quick release scribing wheel which is solidly locked in place and cannot fall out.

a friend of mine whos a tiler has been using it today cutting all sorts of off cuts of hard porc and he has bought one straight away because he was so impressed.
the only problem is, if you are really used to using the ts range then you might not like the thought of getting used to the slightly different pressure technique that you use to break tiles but tbh, you get the hang of it within 5 mins and its the business. this cutter has been being demo'd all week in scotland and the orders have been flying in. i agree with swe that the push scribe is less waring on the wrist than the pull scribe, so i would go for the ti66s. the sigma version the (ti-t) pull scribe is out soon if thats what you'd prefare.

so swe, grumps and mark devon are right..montolit are excellent and rubi must think so to go to the effort of taking 2ys to design/improve/manufacture this new cutter..oh and £199-20p next day delivered free!!!!! :thumbsup:

hope this helps
ed

D

DHTiling

Cheers ed mate..........I wish i had one to road test..i would put it through it's paces ............:thumbsup:..but if i buy another cutter the wife will hang me out to dry.....:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tiler burden

well dave

if i had my way, everybody that has made money from your advice on this forum should donate £1 to the 'buy the legend a ti-66s appeal' and neil at buybrands should discount one down to cost and that way you would be using it by next week and raving about it on here and neil/rubi would be getting orders coming out of their ears....

i am serious, i will ring neil on monday and put 30 quid in the till to start the ball rolling!!! if somebody helps me, i like to pay them back in some way!!
come on everybody, lets show dave how much we appreciate what hes done. dans loaded, so he can match my 30 quid (dont ban me dan please, i'll have nowhere else to go) :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hillhead

great review,
my 63cm sigma is showing signs of wear and i am extremely tempted for the rubi !!! never used a push cutter before but a change would be interesting,
Joe.
:thumbsup:

R

robbo

Think Neil should donate one to Dave for trails....Speculate to accumulate and all that!!!:thumbsup:

S

sWe

great review,
my 63cm sigma is showing signs of wear and i am extremely tempted for the rubi !!! never used a push cutter before but a change would be interesting,
Joe.
:thumbsup:

My right wrist has stopped aching since I switched from a Sigma pull cutter to a Monti push. If you consider ergonomics to be important when buying new tools, push cutters has a clear advantage over pull cutters.

Reply to the new rubi ti-66s in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen