Currently reading:
'The bigger picture'

Search the forum,

Discuss 'The bigger picture' in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

when people start talking buzzwords and cliches, I slip into a broad westmorland dialect to answer them, that shuts 'em up. I'm sure if you googled "westmorland dialect" you'd struggle to come to grips with it :hurray:
[video=youtube;qmXKuL0V27s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXKuL0V27s&feature=related[/video] is this the one DOUG!!:thumbsup:

C

Colour Republic

Ohh I got a classic....

"At the end of the day its your decision...but dont be hasty... this could lead onto bigger things for you"

Ohh give me a break! I want to get hold on their fat sausage like fingers and twist and snap them, till their on their knees begging for mercy and then just boot them in their smug faces. I think I have anger issues sometimes. Whilst Im thinking this I have this glazed look (so im told), give them a smile and say I'll think about it..(NOT! NO WAY, NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!)

Lynn

You seemed so normal when you first joined, now you just scare me

S

SandyFloor

Ohh I got a classic....

"At the end of the day its your decision...but dont be hasty... this could lead onto bigger things for you"

Ohh give me a break! I want to get hold on their fat sausage like fingers and twist and snap them, till their on their knees begging for mercy and then just boot them in their smug faces. I think I have anger issues sometimes. Whilst Im thinking this I have this glazed look (so im told), give them a smile and say I'll think about it..(NOT! NO WAY, NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!)

Lynn

Are you a bit of a dominatrix, Lynn? :72:

P

Pebbs

You seemed so normal when you first joined, now you just scare me

I am pretty normal most of the time, nice smiley happy, but recently have found that I have certain clients that I cannot tolerate their stupidity any longer. Its not the older 'old school' project managers and surveyors, its the younger ones, who I believe really have no place in this industry. All that they have learnt has come out of a book, and have no life experience, these big contractors put them in a position of some authority and it goes to their heads. Another saying they use, is this:-

"I'm not telling you how to do your job but...." they dont get it do they? they forget how long we have been doing this, and how we learnt this, and we work to give the best possible results. Every single day I learn something new, if Im not sure about something I ask my top man, if hes not sure about something he will ask someone else and eventually we work it out.

I scare myself sometimes! working with men for to long can start you thinking like one....God forbid, now pass the nail varnish I need some 'girly time'.

Lynn

Reply to 'The bigger picture' in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.