Search the forum,

Discuss Terrible shower installation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mags

Hi Ive been asked to retile a shower which has been poorly installed.

The current bandq white tiles are falling off and the wall the shower head and mixer taps is on is made of brick.

The pipes are not recessed into the wall enough at the bottom so I would need to put something in to pull the tiles away, HOWEVER the mixer is recessed and is close to the wall, so if I used for example shower board it would be fine by the pipes, but I wouldn't have the space around the mixer.

The client doesnt care about quality as long as it doesn't fall off and looks clean. However I am bothered about doing a decent job.

short of getting a plumber to sort the pipes anyone got any ideas?

D

Daveyboy

The pipes are not recessed into the wall enough at the bottom so I would need to put something in to pull the tiles away....

With your grinder, why don't you do some vertical cuts either side of the pipe(s) then, with a hammer and chisel, knock out the brick behind the pipes so that they can be set back further?...if you do this, it's best to turn off the water, just in case your grinder slips and cuts a pipe!:thumbsup:

M

mags

Funny, that's the way I read that.

mags, what's stopping you getting the pipes right, as has been said, a trimming of brick here and there, or board it and bring the valve etc forward, don't bodge it mate :oops:
1 quoted 150quid to do the job and someone has quoted it for FAR less so Ill let them get the job . There's also a guy doing stone travertine etc around here for £20 a sq metre :thumbsdown: ( mind he will install it on 9mm handiboard :yikes:)

Reply to Terrible shower installation in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.