Currently reading:
tax rebate, to paye or not to paye!

Discuss tax rebate, to paye or not to paye! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cornish_crofter

The highest cost finance should be settled first other things being equal IMO.

Other than that you may be able to do a balance transfer at 0% interest to another card for a 3% fee. At £2,5k that works out to about £55 for putting if off for 9 months or so, as opposed to £300 plus if you left it on that card. Sit down and do the figures. Some charge a low interest rate for a period of time instead.

I serviced a similar debt a few years ago for nothing. I transferred it across about 5 credit cards in 3 years when they were all doing free balance transfers at 0%

D

doug boardley

How can you be due a rebate if you still owe tax?
because in 2007-2008 tax year Russ, all my work was done on CIS, so, as I'm sure you're aware, 20% is deducted at sourceeven before I get to my personal allowance, and then there's obviously all the expenses that go into running a business to claim back. So based just on 07/08 I'm due the refund plus nothing to pay in July. Hopefully next year should be the same as 95% of my work so far this tax year, has again been subject to 20%CIS

G

grumpygrouter

because in 2007-2008 tax year Russ, all my work was done on CIS, so, as I'm sure you're aware, 20% is deducted at sourceeven before I get to my personal allowance, and then there's obviously all the expenses that go into running a business to claim back. So based just on 07/08 I'm due the refund plus nothing to pay in July. Hopefully next year should be the same as 95% of my work so far this tax year, has again been subject to 20%CIS
Why did you think you still owed some tax Doug?

D

doug boardley

Why did you think you still owed some tax Doug?
'cos when I listened to my ex accountant, either I didn't hear properly or he didn't explain it right but I didn't expect a couple of big bills in the 2 years my boys were born, so in the meantime being playing catchup on CIS to try and stem the flow. Bad book keeping on my behalf I think!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

doug boardley

It 's the figures that he's calculated, the return hasn't actually been submitted yet due to me dragging my feet.He's one of the senior accountants in the firm, tbh I just started using him last year, about 2 days before deadline and he managed to get it in on time for me! I owed/owe a fair lump on tax so I'm guessing that the taxman will just offset "rebate/refund" and it won't actually go into my account:dizzy2:(me!)

Reply to tax rebate, to paye or not to paye! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.