Search the forum,

Discuss splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

atec

Hi, Got a splashback on two adjoining walls in a kitchen, one wall has window other has kitchen units and a small hatch to pass food through, the hatch is above the oven and below the extractor, my prob is, the hatch is the centre point, if i start with a full tile on bottom row the next row edges the hatch, but this row at the hatch would be 1cm tall, in otherwords the bottom row is 1cm short of reaching the hatch. it means a thin cut along the hatch, would this be ok or should i half tile the bottom row.

B

brian c

what about turning the tiles onto there sides(as long as they are rectangle)would this help?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If square then agree with above

W

White Room

atec quote;the hatch is above the oven and below the extractor,

Who in there right mind thought that would be a good idea:huh2:

A

atec

whitebeam , i know crazy, the tiles are rectangle, 8x4. im just not that happy with the thin cuts, but also like a full tile on bottom row, and to make matters worse she doesent want any trim on the hatch

D

DHTiling

You have to think what the rest of the splash back will look like as well....jus start with a full tile and centre the hatch, the cuts up over will work what they work around the hatch..done a few like this and they look fine....:thumbsup:

A

atec

Thanks for the replies on this one, Dave think your right, i will full tile the bottom and go with it.

Reply to splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen