Search the forum,

Discuss Sorry.. Marmox boards again in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sibs

Dave I'm hoping you can help me out again since you have used similar. The plastic washers for these boards.. they are not marmox ones but just bog standard white plastic backerboard washers. They sit on the surface of the board when screwed in tight. Is this correct ie they don't have to sit slightly below the surface of the board do they? Also am I supposed to tape and run a bit of tile adhesive over them as I do the joints?

D

DHTiling

Dave I'm hoping you can help me out again since you have used similar. The plastic washers for these boards.. they are not marmox ones but just bog standard white plastic backerboard washers. They sit on the surface of the board when screwed in tight. Is this correct ie they don't have to sit slightly below the surface of the board do they? Also am I supposed to tape and run a bit of tile adhesive over them as I do the joints?

Hi tina......they will be fine......don't overtighten and it can cause the washer to bend out over.....cover the washerhead with the tape you used for the joints.........:thumbsup:

S

sibs

Sorry dave do you mean the whole washer or just the bit where the screw head is? Do I need to run a thin layer of adhesive over them too or will the tape suffice?

D

DHTiling

Sorry dave do you mean the whole washer or just the bit where the screw head is? Do I need to run a thin layer of adhesive over them too or will the tape suffice?

Cover the whole washerhead with adhesive then tape them....overlap plenty to make sure they are water tight....:thumbsup:

S

sibs

Thanks once again dave... have never used these things before so wanna make sure I'm doing it right :thumbsup:

A

Alberta Stone

So is marmox like Hardi backer or durock?
they do make screws especially for cbu and they should be counter sunk just flush so they don't impede the tile.
I like to use some PL premium which is a polyurethane subfloor adhesive on the corners.
When it is dry I scrape off the excess and then tape and mud the corners.

D

DHTiling

So is marmox like Hardi backer or durock?
they do make screws especially for cbu and they should be counter sunk just flush so they don't impede the tile.
I like to use some PL premium which is a polyurethane subfloor adhesive on the corners.
When it is dry I scrape off the excess and then tape and mud the corners.

Not really no.....pm'd you with more info...:thumbsup:

Reply to Sorry.. Marmox boards again in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen