Search the forum,

Discuss Slate slab in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

Polished slate would be awful to live with, it is simply too soft to be practical. You could easily scratch it with the bottom of a rough coffee cup never mind anything harder.

If you want something polished and black then granite is the way to go.

Slate is a better product if it's split or riven and at a push honed, but not polished.

Best thing to do is go to a few stone manufacturers or stone masons or monumental masons and ask what they have available, if it's a small hearth then your likely to be looking for an off cut of some description.

Reply to Slate slab in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
I'm Looking For This Tile Porcelanosa Town White Polish 595mm
I'm looking for a few Porcelanosa Town White Polish / Pulido floor tiles - badly laid in my new build and a few have cracked. One or two would be useful, I could use up to 8 to allow for some wastage.
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log burner on a plaster render on blockwork wall. I’m planning to score and scrape the paint off the...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.