Search the forum,

Discuss screed with 4 x 2 timber in! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 18697

I have been asked to replace a solid oak floor with a limestone or travertine tile. The area is about 70sqm and has been flooded in the recent weather. The substrate below is 4 x 2" timbers every 600mm with screed in between. In this screed there is a wet under floor heating system. The old oak floor was fixed down to the 4 x 2 timber. I am concerned that if the room floods again the timber will swell and pop the floor. I have looked at putting down ditra but Schluter will not guarantee over this make up. Any recommendations on preparing the floor would be greatly received.

S

Spud

Can't you just remove the wood and screed in the channels once this has been done Ditra over it

J

jonnyc

Dave we spoke about this today.i understood that the screed between joists was over a suspended floor .if not the case removing joists would not be an option .i would still say look at the new hardie floor system.
i did once ditra over screed between joists with water heat pipes on big job in Kensington we were on many years ago and it is still good .no separating board .
think just got lucky.

Reply to screed with 4 x 2 timber in! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen