Search the forum,

Discuss rubimix-16 ergomax, dead in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

JCT

TF
Hi, my rubimix-16 ergomax died on me earlier today. Seemed to be slowing down on me then just stopped working. It's only a little over a year old which is disappointing as my old rubimix 9 lasted me years. Rubi offer a 2 year guarantee with it so does anyone know where I stand in regards to getting it repaired or replaced. I don't have a receipt or any paper work but I bought it online so should be able to provide proof of purchase.

Anyone had any dealing with Rubi in regards to a guarantee?

Looks like I'll have to get myself a cheap temporary one first thing tomorrow morning in the mean time

JCT

TF
Could be just the brushes, there should be a couple of screws either side of mixer, if you unscrew them there will be a spring, pull out then the brushes (looks like rectangular pieces of lead) will be at the end! If they are around 10mm or less you need new ones! Ask @Pro Tiler Tools to source them from Rubi for you.

Would their not still be some life in it when I fire it up if it was just the brushes? Nothing at all happens when I switch it on. like theirs no power going through it.

JCT

TF
Have you tried inching along power cord when it is on aswell as could be wire been twisted that much there is a break, give that a try first.

I'll look into the brushes. Don't think it's the power cord. It's still like new. Their was a bit of a popping noise before it went so probably the bushes. I'll check it properly tomorrow.

Thanks for your help

O

One Day

My original rubi mixer lasted 4yrs with no issues. It died so I bought another. That one died after 2 months. Took rubi 3 months to repair it. Then it died after 2 weeks. I gave up and bought an alfra eibenstock. A real mixer!

And apparently rubi reps shouldn't be repairing anything with a plug. They aren't qualified to do it. I was surprised that mine got repaired at topps by a rep. Totally leaving themselves open for a visit by hse if their repairs result in an injury.

Reply to rubimix-16 ergomax, dead in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.