Search the forum,

Discuss rubi washboy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brummie tiler

ok i feel kinda stupid.......but, How the f~#* do you use a washboy??? i have just purchashed the rubi one and cant seem to work out if i have to fill my water so high that it comes over the black grate in the middle, otherwise i see no way of wetting my sponge....??:confused: or am i being really dumb! anybody with a rubi washboy or simlar please help.thanx

and im not a newbie, thats whats worrying me!!

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Fill up to above grate.

Bung in sponge

lift out sponge........roll across rollers until excess water has been removed

Splap on floor...........and get mopping:)

B

brummie tiler

just seems strange that you have to fill the water that high, gonna make it really awkward to move about without spillages,oh well!

C

clarke

I fill mine to about 4-5 inches from the top, quite heavy but it gives you loads of water to clean sponges in, ring out the sponge pad on the rollers till most of the waters gone, do a rough wipe over the grout to smooth it over and get it nice and even in the joints, then rinse again and wipe in one direction for as long as poss before it starts to smear.
If you get it right you dont need to buff anything off afterwards.
The sponges dont last that long even if you rinse them well after every time youve finished (they fall to bits round the edges) so its a good idea to have a spare one on board.

Reply to rubi washboy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen