Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Resin for mitred external corners in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello all

I am doing mitred external corners. They have come out really nice using a grinder. I have left about 2mm edge on the face.

I’m planning on filling with resin. Where do you get it from? Should resin colour match grout or tile.

If you have any finished pics of your work that would be great.
Many thanks.

O

Old Mod

The resin should be as close in colour to the tile as possible.
A stone tool supplier is your best bet, you want a surface bonder, or repair resin.
you’ll more than likely have to mix your own colour, so you can get clear or white and get a set of colours too.
They’re normally just primary colours, make sure they’re universal colours and not resin specific, or each time you get a different resin you’ll need new colours. ( there’s many different resins )
Get advice from the supplier on which to choose.
Mix enough colour For the whole job, if you run out you won’t be able to replicate it.
Portion it off bit at a time and add hardner to each portion as you go, do not mix it all at once, you will not get it done in one.
This is not a simple job, don’t underestimate it, or bite more than you can chew at once.
Start slowly, bit at a time, till you get the hang of it.

5C1B9555-C032-4585-A526-5B5A7F4CA0A1.jpeg
E487136E-0F75-4043-8CFF-E5FB2B179335.jpeg
6B5450E1-E994-462B-AFA3-3D734B7F61ED.jpeg
07E7119B-B512-42FA-90A0-5BDF66164BA6.jpeg
C2630C54-311D-4AA4-9240-0909D345CCF9.jpeg

Reply to Resin for mitred external corners in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock