Search the forum,

Discuss Repair fibre glass bath chip in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently finished a bathroom renovation only to find that underneath the cardboard I laid in the bottom of the brand new bath there was a small chip. It was a multi trade job so who knows how it got there

Has anyone had any experience with this spot repair kits?

Which is easiest to use with the best results? What about colour matching etc?

Any help greatly appreciated as I ain't gonna get paid for 2 weeks worth of work til it's fixed!

Thanks in advance

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Bath / shower tray repair kits....
[automerge]1567249319[/automerge]
From tool station....
[automerge]1567249544[/automerge]
IMG_20190822_150514.jpg

[automerge]1567249604[/automerge]
I used it on this repair....
IMG_20190821_144306.jpg

[automerge]1567249646[/automerge]
IMG_20190822_151457.jpg

Last edited:
T

Time's Ran Out

Not the first and certainly not the last!
Check bath before starting - 1/2inch plywood over full bath on carpet underlay - job done!
Otherwise blame other trades never accept responsibility unless you know you did it!

Reaction score

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I always blame the Plumber. ;)

Oh, hang on a minute......:tearsofjoy:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for this, looks like a great result. Do I need anything in addition to what comes in the kit ?
Get the kit and watch how to use it on YouTube, there's some great hints like making a small hole in a sheet of paper and spray through the hole, it stops the over spray going everywhere. And when using the spray only do very light coats and build them up slowly.....the repair I did had about 8 or 10 very light coats, letting it dry between coats.
Also I didn't use the sand paper I thought it would be a bit harsh on acrylic, I used one of these....
IMG_20190831_160013.jpg

Just go gentle and it should work a treat..

D

Dumbo

Not the first and certainly not the last!
Check bath before starting - 1/2inch plywood over full bath on carpet underlay - job done!
Otherwise blame other trades never accept responsibility unless you know you did it!
Tbh tj I checked a shower tray once it was ok , protected to a degree ( Not enough ) checked when I finished. Damaged don't remember doing it but I new it had to be me ,. So important check before you start ,

Reply to Repair fibre glass bath chip in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen