Search the forum,

Discuss Recent Wetroom Tray Project in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Customer came on here a couple of months ago looking for a solution to rectify the loose tiles and water coming back up through grout joints.

I went to have a look and it was decided on close inspection that the tiles needed removing but unsure what next step was until what was underneath was revealed.

Turned out a very thin layer of adhesive but the tanking was sound.

I decided to smooth over any voids with SPF adhesive and re-reate falls from corner of tray to corner of drain.

Had to find a suitable tile to compliment existing floor tile

I re-tiled in Casalgrande Padana mineral grey porcelain mosaics

Here are the sequences

Wettray1.jpg Wettray2.jpg Wettray3.jpg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Looks nice John, nice colour match. Looks like it was meant to be with the mosaic.

I have a very good supplier just sent them a photo of main tile and asked them to find a mosaic to suit and within 10 minutes they rang back with the tile selected and customer couldn't believe how well it matched when I took sample to show them.

D

Deleted member 9966

excellent job John. good on you for helping the customer to find a solution.

Reaction score
Pretty sure the main tile is called Peitra Del Nord 30x30 by Lux Ceramiche.........just in case you have to do any more for this customer!

Reply to Recent Wetroom Tray Project in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen