Discuss Ready To Buy A Sigma, But Have Questions. in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

SurfHunter

Hello all From across the Pond !! Florida here..

Tradesman looking to purchase a Sigma for use in kitchen and bath renovations. I find myself doing a lot of backsplashes and bath, shower walls along with what we call Florida rooms/ covered screened porches.
Glass Mosaic, subway, etc. not so much the thin glass mosaic's

As I age :) I'm looking to work smarter and not harder.

The larger tile over 18 x 18 / 460 mm "guessing" I'll generally sub out depending on whats going on .

Im currently a Rubi user.. I have the TS60 Plus, and their cheap practic 21 .

I'm not so please with the smaller Rubi. So im looking to see if I can replace both Rubis with a Nice new Sigma.

I was looking at the Sigma 3LM at first just because of the drop in Mosaic plates, but then was thinking that it would be worth it to upgrade a little and go with a Sigma 3B3M Max

Was wondering how the 3B3M would handle the Backsplashes, Glass mosaics/ strips which are pretty popular over here.

Also have a Shipping question..

Dont quite understand " VAT" I'm guessing that its the Euro sales tax equivalent...

when purchasing from the States I don't believe that I'm required to pay VAT..

but, how does shipping and duty fees come into play. WITH KNOWING in Advance on how much to expect to pay for the item FINAL PRICE.....
from your door to mine.. No Hidden duty fees/ shipping costs..

Thanks for your time, I'd appreciate any help and advice you offer.

Dennis

Dhtiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I'd say do yourself a favor and get 2. A 2g is nice and small for backsplash work then a larger model for your larger tiles. Not sure on the prices, I get mine off eBay from a guy in Italy and the cost is posted. I live on the same continent as you and shipping has been free. I just ordered a 3p3m max the other day, that plus the 2g and I will total around $700.

Last edited:
S

SurfHunter

Dhtiling :
I was looking at the 2g and the only thing that i keep thinking about is that it will not snap 12 x 12 Dia.
I do see a lot of guys on the forums that use them. I do like the fact that she small and i can pretty much set up right next to me.
I also was looking to purchase from the same guy on ebay, however I didnt want to bring it up , not knowing if it were allowed..
So, when you ordered from him, that was the Final price... ??

what made you decide on 2g vs 3G or 3L 3LM ..

was really looking for the Push, since I at times have issues with wrist. Is there much fatigue using a pull cutter.

thanks for your reply.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhtiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Using the 2g right now...I have a month lit that does up to 20", needed the 3p3m for all the 36" tile that I seem to be doing, but nice for the 24" as well. Not sure if we can talk about it either, but not deleted yet..yeah the buy it now price is it. I ordered on wednsday and it will be here monday. Pretty happy.

20160116_141253.jpg

O

Old Mod

Dhtiling :
I was looking at the 2g and the only thing that i keep thinking about is that it will not snap 12 x 12 Dia.
I do see a lot of guys on the forums that use them. I do like the fact that she small and i can pretty much set up right next to me.
I also was looking to purchase from the same guy on ebay, however I didnt want to bring it up , not knowing if it were allowed..
So, when you ordered from him, that was the Final price... ??

what made you decide on 2g vs 3G or 3L 3LM ..

was really looking for the Push, since I at times have issues with wrist. Is there much fatigue using a pull cutter.

thanks for your reply.
Using the 2g right now...I have a month lit that does up to 20", needed the 3p3m for all the 36" tile that I seem to be doing, but nice for the 24" as well. Not sure if we can talk about it either, but not deleted yet..yeah the buy it now price is it. I ordered on wednsday and it will be here monday. Pretty happy.

View attachment 79453
The only prices we have issues with as a rule are prices for fixing tiles.
Tools not a problem, we're all after the best deal!

I

Italy

I'd say do yourself a favor and get 2. A 2g is nice and small for backsplash work then a larger model for your larger tiles. Not sure on the prices, I get mine off eBay from a guy in Italy and the cost is posted. I live on the same continent as you and shipping has been free. I just ordered a 3p3m max the other day, that plus the 2g and I will total around $700.
700$ ???? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
in italy 2g 91€ / 3p3m 360€ tot 450€ :(.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Ready To Buy A Sigma, But Have Questions. in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks