Currently reading:
Reaching visible edge with a tile

Discuss Reaching visible edge with a tile in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hello,

after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to tile a simple drywall construction in our bathroom. I got some good advice here so I hope you guys can help me on this one.
Basically, there is a drywall construction (1.10 m high, 20 cm deep) where the installations are hidden. How do I tile this part correctly?

20240503_174300.jpg

If I start with the full tile (60 x 60 cm) at the bottom the next row will be 50 cm high. I guess there is no way for a beginner to cut two (or more) tiles with perfectly same length. Because they do have to the same length to reach the upper edge of the drywall construction perfectly. If not, it will look bad at the very edge. Of course, the metal profile will be installed but the grout lines will look bad.
If I start from above and put one row of 60x60 cm at the top, the row underneath will be 50 cm which is fine (especially because that lower part will be some silicone to cover), but I guess the upper row have to be somehow temporarily supported in order not to slide down?
For example, I do not have the same problem in shower area. I will start from the bottom, after two rows wait a little bit to have some solid support and move on. But I will never reach any edge where I have to be really that precise.

Thanks.

Reply to Reaching visible edge with a tile in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views

Advertisement