Search the forum,

Discuss Quick CSCS card question... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

captaintile

Hello,

I've recently completed a Tiling course at Able Skills in Dartford (recommended) where I completed a City & Guilds but I then called the CSCS website and they said I either needed an NVQ or to be sponsored by someone to work on site.

People who I've spoken to on site have said I just need the basic CSCS card to work on site and I can take an easy test to get in.

Can someone clarify what I need to work on site please?

Many thanks in advance,

Mark

D

DHTiling

Hello,

I've recently completed a Tiling course at Able Skills in Dartford (recommended) where I completed a City & Guilds but I then called the CSCS website and they said I either needed an NVQ or to be sponsored by someone to work on site.

People who I've spoken to on site have said I just need the basic CSCS card to work on site and I can take an easy test to get in.

Many thanks in advance,

Mark

what do you mean city and guilds....just an accreditation certificate...?

H

heatybob

Hello,

Many thanks in advance,

Mark
hi mark,
i think the person you spoke to has given you wrong info,to work on site you need a cscs card. i dont know what you mean by sponsor do you mean someone who has agiven you a job,anyway sponsor or not you need the card,unless you are under 18,in which case you cannot hold a card but you can go on site if you are "working" for someone but you must at ALL times be supervised an i mean ALL times,whilst at the same time complying with u18 working practices.
just for the record in the few years the cards have been out I have had to actually show my card once in over 20 differant sites i have worked on,i know many people who just tick the box on the induction form and say i forgot my card i`ll bring it in tomorrow!!!.
Hope this helps,
Ged:thumbsup:

Reply to Quick CSCS card question... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I’ve been trying to seek advice on whether the recently finished tiling/grouting in my...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen